Fix for initdb/indexing problems

From: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org (PostgreSQL-development)
Subject: Fix for initdb/indexing problems
Date: 1998-09-02 23:11:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers

OK, I have found the problem. I looked AGAIN at CatalogIndexInsert(),
because all problems seem to be localized there. I remembered something
Tom Szybist said yesterday while we were on the phone about Datum only
being one value.

I said they are chained together, which I saw in IndexFormDatum, but
when I looked, I saw that the Datum pointer indexed in IndexFormDatum
was only a single Datum value, not an array of datum values like nulls
is defined.

With single-key system indexes, this was not a problem, but with the new
multi-key system indicies, it is.

I have attached the patch, and it is applied to the tree. Please let me
know if this fixes the many reported index problems. It should.

--
Bruce Momjian | 830 Blythe Avenue
maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us | Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania 19026

Attachment Content-Type Size
unknown_filename text/plain 1.5 KB