Re: TODO (was: Re: [HACKERS] Problem with parser)

From: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: jwieck(at)debis(dot)com
Cc: jwieck(at)debis(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: TODO (was: Re: [HACKERS] Problem with parser)
Date: 1998-08-26 16:23:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> > Jan, I am attaching the current TODO list. Can you tell me which items
> > are fixed in 6.4?
> >
> > --
> > Bruce Momjian | 830 Blythe Avenue
> >

> > * CREATE VIEW requires super-user priviledge
>
> Fixed - regular users can create views and rules
>
> > * views on subselects fail
>
> Must check that - hope it is already fixed
>
> > * computations in views fail:
> > create view test as select usesysid * usesysid from pg_shadow;
>
> Will check this too
>
> > * Add full ANSI SQL capabilities
> > * -Implement HAVING clause(Stephan)
> > * add OUTER joins, left and right (Thomas)
> > * make VIEWs updateable where possible
>
> Rules can be used to make views updateable
>
> > * Fix the rules system(Jan,Soo-Ho)
> > * robust
> > * making INSTEAD rules work
> > * add CONSTRAINT
>
> The restricted part of rules are robust and instead rules
> work. Constraints could be implemented as rules but would
> require a new RAISE statement. I'll work on constraints
> for 6.5.
>
> > * Allow INSERT INTO ... SELECT ... FROM view to work
>
> Should work - will check it.
>
> > * Allow views on a UNION
> > * Allow DISTINCT on view
> > * Allow views of aggregate columns
>
> Check - not yet - check
>
> > * Allow views to specify column names outside SELECT statement
>
> ??? what is meant by that?

I have no idea. I am removing it. Does anyone else know what it means?

I have updated the TODO list. If you find more items you have fixed,
let me know. The rewrite system had a large chunk of the TODO list.
That is why I was so excited when you said you could fix it.

--
Bruce Momjian | 830 Blythe Avenue
maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us | Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania 19026