Re: [HACKERS] Broken source tree

From: t-ishii(at)sra(dot)co(dot)jp
To: "Thomas G(dot) Lockhart" <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
Cc: Postgres Hackers List <hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>, Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Broken source tree
Date: 1998-08-06 04:42:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers

>I did a CVSup a few minutes ago, and tried to do a clean install.
>configure seemed to do the right thing, but initdb was not
>happy. Looks

Seems linux users have been experiencing problems with initdb, and I
decided to make another challenge of installing PostgreSQL to my
RedHat 4.0 box from scratch. (I did cvs up a few hours ago). So far no
problem was found.

>like (perhaps) the recent changes to initdb to allow non-interactive use
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>might have broken things?

I didn't know about this. Maybe you mean the patches I have sent
recently?

>Regarding specific symptoms:
>1) libpq.so.1 did get made and is in the right place afaik. Don't know
>why pg_id is complaining.

don't know too.

>2) initdb has a syntax error in the script.

maybe due to pg_id returning null string?
--
Tatsuo Ishii
t-ishii(at)sra(dot)co(dot)jp