Re: [GENERAL] Postgres vs commercial products

From: dave madden <dhm(at)paradigm(dot)webvision(dot)com>
To: maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us
Cc: boersenspiel(at)vocalweb(dot)de, pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Postgres vs commercial products
Date: 1998-07-29 18:58:07
Lists: pgsql-general

=>From: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
=>Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 01:01:05 -0400 (EDT)
=>...
=>> This would be major leap for PostgreSQL if someone financed two
=>> months of Vadim for example ...
=>
=>That would be great. I feel like I am standing still when Vadim is
=>working.

Hi. We're currently using Oracle for our Web stuff, but their
licensing program is byzantine, and the price (if you can figure it
out) starts at outrageous and goes up. We'd be very interested in
seeing PostgreSQL become a viable alternative for our applications,
and would be willing to put up some money for it.

What's the best way to set something like this up? There's a few
features we'd need to be assured of getting for our investment, but
other than that, fronting money for free software development is not a
problem (depending on the amount, of course :-)

regards,
d.