UnixWare 7 port (corrected intro text).

From: "Billy G(dot) Allie" <Bill(dot)Allie(at)mug(dot)org>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org (Hackers PostgreSQL)
Cc: pgsql-ports(at)postgreSQL(dot)org (Ports PostgreSQL), patches(at)postgreSQL(dot)org (Patches PostgreSQL)
Subject: UnixWare 7 port (corrected intro text).
Date: 1998-06-08 04:39:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello All.

My mailer munged the intro text in my last post. Here is the text in a more
readable form.
--
I am submitting the following patches to the June 6, 1998 snapshot of
PostgreSQL. These patches implement a port of PostgreSQL to SCO UnixWare 7,

File Reason for the patch
--------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------
src/backend/port/dynloader/unixware.c
src/backend/port/dynloader/unixware.h
src/include/port/unixware.h
src/makefiles/Makefile.unixware
src/template/unixware
Created for the UNIXWARE port.

src/include/port/univel.h
Modifed this file to work with the changes made to s_lock.[ch].

src/backend/storage/buffer/s_lock.c
src/include/storage/s_lock.h
Moved the UNIXWARE (and Univel) tas() function from s_lock.c to
s_lock.h. The UnixWare compiler asm construct is treated as a
macro and needs to be in the s_lock.h file. I also reworked
the tas() function to correct some errors in the code.

src/include/version.h.in
The use of the ## operator with quoted strings in the VERSION
macro caused problems with the UnixWare C compiler. I removed
the ## operators since they were not needed in this case. The
macro expands into a sequence of quoted strings that will be
concatenated by any ANSI C compiler.

src/config.guess
This script was modified to recognize SCO UnixWare 7.

src/configure src/configure.in
The configure script was modified to recognize SCO UnixWare 7.

--
____ | Billy G. Allie | Domain....: Bill(dot)Allie(at)mug(dot)org
| /| | 7436 Hartwell | Compuserve: bill_allie(at)csi(dot)com
|-/-|----- | Dearborn, MI 48126| MSN.......: B_G_Allie(at)email(dot)msn(dot)com
|/ |LLIE | (313) 582-1540 |