Re: [HACKERS] Current sources?

From: t-ishii(at)sra(dot)co(dot)jp
To: dg(at)illustra(dot)com (David Gould)
Cc: t-ishii(at)sra(dot)co(dot)jp, tih+mail(at)Hamartun(dot)Priv(dot)NO, scrappy(at)hub(dot)org, pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Current sources?
Date: 1998-05-25 09:14:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers

>> PPC/Linux has been broken too.
>
>Please let me know what the problem was, even if it was just the 'global tas'
>thing. I am trying to make sure this works on all platforms. Thanks.

Here are patches for s_lock.c (against May23 snapshot).
*** s_lock.c.orig Mon May 25 18:08:20 1998
--- s_lock.c Mon May 25 18:08:57 1998
***************
*** 151,161 ****

#if defined(PPC)

! static int
! tas_dummy()
{
__asm__(" \n\
- tas: \n\
lwarx 5,0,3 \n\
cmpwi 5,0 \n\
bne fail \n\
--- 151,160 ----

#if defined(PPC)

! int
! tas(slock_t *lock)
{
__asm__(" \n\
lwarx 5,0,3 \n\
cmpwi 5,0 \n\
bne fail \n\
>> I have tested the s_lock_test and seems it is working. However I have
>> lots of failure with various SQL's including 'drop database', 'delete
>> from'.
>> Have you succeeded in running regression tests? If so, what kind of
>> platforms are you using?
>
>I made this patch against 6.3.2 and ran regression successfully. This on a
>glibc Linux x86 system. I just rebuilt against the latest CVS (from anoncvs)
>and see 27 tests that fail, many with dropconns. I looked a little into the
>'drop database failure' and it does not look related to spinlocks as far as
>I looked.

I see. BTW, I have tested on FreeBSD box and found exactly same thing
has occured.
--
Tatsuo Ishii
t-ishii(at)sra(dot)co(dot)jp