Re: [HACKERS] Here it is - view permissions

From: Brett McCormick <brett(at)work(dot)chicken(dot)org>
To: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: olly(at)lfix(dot)co(dot)uk (Oliver Elphick), pgsql-hackers(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Here it is - view permissions
Date: 1998-02-23 23:06:32
Lists: pgsql-hackers

So I've never gotten the distinction -- what makes postgreSQL an
object oriented database, aside from the oid attribute and class
inheritance (which could work a little better.. no way to find out the
child class of a tuple in a select from parent_class* query).

and what makes it relational? the fact that it can do joins?

in confused delerium,
--brett