Re: [HACKERS] Who is everyone?

From: "Oliver Elphick" <olly(at)lfix(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Who is everyone?
Date: 1998-02-20 19:18:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Bruce Momjian wrote:
>I am noticing a lot of animal lovers in the group.

Yes, and I suppose I'm another one.

I'm 46 with a dog, three cats, a wife and five children, and we live
here on the Isle of Wight (Britain) and have done since 1996. The
children range from 20 down to 13, and only three are now at home all
the time. My prime leisure activity (apart from computers...) is singing,
mainly in church.

I started my working life as an accountant, but then, as the ad says,
I discovered computers. For a number of years I worked with the PICK
database and one of its Unix copies, UniVerse. Now I'm doing sufficient
consultancy to keep all the menagerie fed and housed, and doing my best
to promote Open Source software (note the new advertisement-speak for
free software!).

I maintain the PostgreSQL package for Debian GNU/Linux, but haven't
really found my way into the real meat of the source code yet. I am
just starting the design of a system for a pharmaceutical supplies
manufacturer, to replace his existing UniVerse-based one.

--
Oliver Elphick Oliver(dot)Elphick(at)lfix(dot)co(dot)uk
Isle of Wight http://www.lfix.co.uk/oliver