Re: varchar() troubles

From: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: emkxp01(at)mtcc(dot)demon(dot)co(dot)uk
Cc: hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org (PostgreSQL-development)
Subject: Re: varchar() troubles
Date: 1998-01-19 02:39:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Bruce,
>
> The new varchar() stuff looks good, just a minor problem with "select into"
> where the new table does not seem to get a copy of the atttypmod value
> from the source table.
>
> I had a quick look at the code but guess you'll find the problem 10 times
> faster than I could.

OK, I have fixed this. The real way to fix this it to add restypmod to
Resdom, and pass the value all the way through the engine, so tupDesc
always has the proper atttypmod value, but it is not clear how to do
this in the parser, so I put the code back in to just do a lookup in
execMain/execUtils when doing an SELECT * INTO TABLE.

If we start using atttypmod more, we will have to do this.

--
Bruce Momjian
maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us