Re: Removing our datasource/pooling implementation.

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Oliver Jowett <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com>
Cc: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>, pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Removing our datasource/pooling implementation.
Date: 2005-01-14 05:26:44
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Oliver Jowett <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com> writes:
> Some of the SQL states I assigned aren't very good matches. The main one
> is that "you can't do that operation on that sort of object" type of
> error is mapped to "object not in prerequisite state". Any better ideas?

ERRCODE_WRONG_OBJECT_TYPE (42809) seems like a better match. The
prerequisite-state error implies that you could have done that operation
on that object, if it were in a more receptive mood.

The 42xxx series covers pretty much anything in the
what-were-you-thinking category, AFAICS. If I'd been on the committee
I would have broken it down a bit more...