Re: cannot dump structures

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Martin Korous <Mortals(at)seznam(dot)cz>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: cannot dump structures
Date: 2007-12-07 15:12:27
Lists: pgsql-general

=?us-ascii?Q?Martin=20Korous?= <Mortals(at)seznam(dot)cz> writes:
> and in pg_log is message:
> STATEMENT: SELECT (SELECT usename FROM pg_user WHERE usesysid = datdba) as dba, pg_encoding_to_char(encoding) as encoding, datpath FROM pg_database WHERE datname = 'dbname'
> ERROR: column "datpath" does not exist at character 113

You're running a 7.something pg_dump against an 8.something server.
This will not work because that pg_dump doesn't know about 8.x
catalog layout.

My advice is never, never, never use the -i option to pg_dump.
It is generally only useful for shooting yourself in the foot,
as is happening here.

> I know that this message means that pg_dump is old version, but its impossible, the pg_dump binary file is from dbserver.

You need to reconsider "impossible". Maybe your search path
isn't what you think it is.