Re: Multiple Crashs on OSX Intel

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Marc Simonin <m(dot)simonin(at)allibert-trekking(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Multiple Crashs on OSX Intel
Date: 2007-02-01 17:29:01
Lists: pgsql-ports
Marc Simonin <m(dot)simonin(at)allibert-trekking(dot)com> writes:
> But I put here one of the Crash logs and put attached the gzipped entire
> Crashlog file (if it pass through the mailing list !).

Wow, those stack traces are all over the map, aren't they.  Either you
are hitting a dozen different Postgres bugs that no one else has ever
seen, or you've got a flaky machine.  I think the second is considerably
more likely --- especially since several of the crashes are in startup
code that every backend process ought to execute exactly the same way
every time.

Perhaps bad RAM, or a bad motherboard?  I've also seen machines go nuts
like this if the fan froze up, allowing the CPU to overheat.  Anyway,
take it back to Apple ... I hope it's still under warranty ...