Postmaster will not start

From: "beakerboy(at)www(dot)com" <beakerboy(at)www(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Postmaster will not start
Date: 2002-11-05 17:51:57
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

I've recently encountered a problem when starting up the postmaster. I've
checked the list archives and the web via google and have not encountered
a solution. I'm running cygwin on a IBM thinkpad running windows 2000.
PostgreSQL was running fine a couple weeks ago and all I've changed (That
I can think of) is the additional installation of cgoban.Here's the error:

Administrator(at)CDMKNOWACZYT30 ~
$ ipc-daemon &
[1] 1280

Administrator(at)CDMKNOWACZYT30 ~
$ source /.bashrc

Administrator(at)CDMKNOWACZYT30 ~
$ postmaster -i &
[2] 1400

Administrator(at)CDMKNOWACZYT30 ~
$ FATAL: could not set permissions on /tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432: Invalid argument
postmaster: cannot create UNIX stream port

[2]+ Exit 1 postmaster -i

I've checked the permissions on the /tmp directory and all seems fine.
Any ideas?
Kevin Nowaczyk

WWW.COM - Where The Web Begins! http://www.www.com/