Re: Dump only part of a DB

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "David F(dot) Skoll" <dfs(at)roaringpenguin(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Dump only part of a DB
Date: 2004-06-10 04:08:01
Lists: pgsql-admin

"David F. Skoll" <dfs(at)roaringpenguin(dot)com> writes:
> pg_dump can be used to dump an entire database, or just a single
> table. Is there a way to make a consistent dump of more than one
> table, but less than all of the tables in the database?

This has been discussed before, and I think we had agreed that the
Right Thing is to make pg_dump accept more than one -t switch (also
more than one -n switch, at the schema level), and dump anything
that matches any -t or -n switch.

No one's got round to making this happen, but it seems like it
should not be a big job. Want to send in a patch?