Re: Ordering YYYY MM DD in reverse chrono order

From: "John Sidney-Woollett" <johnsw(at)wardbrook(dot)com>
To: "OtisUsenet" <otis_usenet(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Ordering YYYY MM DD in reverse chrono order
Date: 2004-04-26 15:42:07
Lists: pgsql-general

Try

SELECT DISTINCT
date_part('year', uu.add_date), date_part('month', uu.add_date),
date_part('day', uu.add_date)
FROM uus INNER JOIN ui ON uus.user_id=ui.id INNER JOIN uu ON
ui.id=uu.user_id
WHERE uus.x_id=1
ORDER BY uu.add_date DESC

The reason that your previous sort failed is that you need the DESC
keyword applied to each sort term.

John Sidney-Woollett