Re: RE: [ADMIN] SOS !!: Porstgress forgot all ! Help !

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Mikheev, Vadim" <vmikheev(at)SECTORBASE(dot)COM>
Cc: "'Jean-Arthur Silve'" <jeanarthur(at)eurovox(dot)fr>, "'pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: RE: [ADMIN] SOS !!: Porstgress forgot all ! Help !
Date: 2001-02-12 18:16:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

"Mikheev, Vadim" <vmikheev(at)SECTORBASE(dot)COM> writes:
>> before this manipulmation, pg_log = 1.073.741.824

> Ohhhh, your system reached max transaction ID -:(

That's two reports now of people who have managed to wrap around the XID
counter. It doesn't seem that hard to do in a heavily used database.

Does anyone want to take more seriously the stopgap solution I proposed
for this problem (pghackers archives around 3-Nov-00)? I believe you
shot it down that time, but I don't think that ignoring the problem
for another release cycle is a better answer.