Re: Re: TODO-list on wiki (was: TODO update about SQLSTATE to PGconn)

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Greg Smith <gsmith(at)gregsmith(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Re: TODO-list on wiki (was: TODO update about SQLSTATE to PGconn)
Date: 2008-03-12 15:18:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Magnus Hagander wrote:
>> Let's move the TODO list to the wiki.

> We need it to do a few things:

> o We need to be able to pull a text and HTML copies for tarballs

Why? Even if we think the TODO list needs to appear in tarballs (which
is hardly a given if you ask me), why the heck does it have to be in two
formats? AFAIK the only reason we bother with an HTML version is to
have something to put on the website, and this proposal supersedes that
aspect of things. ISTM a plain-text copy would be plenty.

Personally I think it would be just fine if we had only the wiki copy
and forgot about shipping it in tarballs.