Importing data into postgreSQL from FileMaker?

From: Neacal <deb(at)mac(dot)ppc>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Importing data into postgreSQL from FileMaker?
Date: 2004-09-18 15:32:53
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi

I've made heaps of Filemaker databases on a Mac, now I'm moving to use
PostgreSQL on Debian GNU/Linux.

Can I use textfiles (e.g. tab-separated) to transfer data from
FileMaker to PostgreSQL?? At the moment I don't have a network linkup
for the various machines and need to ferry data across on a zip-disk.

Or is a PostgreSQL database file in the format Macs would consider
'text' anyway, and I can work on it that way? (i.e. work on the file in
the Mac domain with a TextEditor)

[apologies if that's a silly question, but - hell - it does say novice
on this header!]

Thanks in anticipation

Neacal