How to use PG_DUMP?

From: Andre Lopes <lopes80andre(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: How to use PG_DUMP?
Date: 2010-01-24 14:27:29
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I'am having trouble using PG_DUMP. The problem is the following, I have made
some minor changes to my database, I have added one table.

I have generated the CREATE statements using a modeling tool, and I have
created another database to test the changes. My problem is the order of the
INSERT statements generated by PG_DUMP [-a -d], causing errors because of
the order of the INSERTS.

I have tested PG_DUMP [-a] that creates the COPY statements, but no data is
added to the tables.

How can I solve this?

Best Regards,