Re: tsearch filenames unlikes special symbols and numbers

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Oleg Bartunov <oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su>
Cc: Gregory Stark <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: tsearch filenames unlikes special symbols and numbers
Date: 2007-09-09 15:10:40
Lists: pgsql-docs pgsql-hackers

Oleg Bartunov <oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su> writes:
> Oh, my god, I see we dictate extensions !
> Folk, this is too much ! Now, we dictate extensions '.dict, .affix, .stop',
> what else ?

> Does it defined by ispell template only, or it's global requirements ?

It's the callers of get_tsearch_config_filename() that specify the
extension, so AFAICS each dictionary can do what it wants. I don't see
the problem with enforcing an extension: it keeps the namespaces for
different kinds of files separate, and it gets us out of the potential
security risk of allowing access to "." or "..".

I remain of the opinion that we don't really want the SQL-command
definitions of dictionaries to expose the fact that these are files at
all. We should be thinking of the command parameters as identifiers.