Re: OSX: Allow connection from remote host (actually from windows running in parallels)

From: "Bill P(dot)" <maxarbos(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Andreas Kretschmer <akretschmer(at)spamfence(dot)net>, pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: OSX: Allow connection from remote host (actually from windows running in parallels)
Date: 2011-01-04 19:30:17
Lists: pgsql-novice
In pgAdmin 3, there are choices under the file menu to edit (open) the .pgpass,
pg_hba.conf and postgresql.conf files. That is one of the utilities I tried to
edit these files.

As far as the : "edit the file. postgresql.conf first to enable to the
pg_hba.conf dir" comment.
I was referring to the fact that the error I was getting when trying to connect
from Windows to OSX, that stated that I didn't have a record in the pg_hda.conf
file. In order for this file to be read and used, there is a path and attribute
that needs to be enabled in the 'postgresql.conf' file to use the pg_hba.conf
dir/file.  I wasnt sure if there was a certain order that this all needs to be
done in or using which method to edit these files.

The pg_hba.conf file I am editing is on the 'server', the OSX installed version
of PG.