Re: Performance Monitoring of PostGRE

From: Vincent de Phily <vincent(dot)dephily(at)mobile-devices(dot)fr>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: BangarRaju Vadapalli <BangarRaju(dot)Vadapalli(at)infor(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Performance Monitoring of PostGRE
Date: 2011-07-11 18:09:42
Lists: pgsql-general

On Wednesday 06 July 2011 14:27:53 BangarRaju Vadapalli wrote:
> We want to monitor the performance of PostGRE database. Could anyone
> please suggest any tools tried/working successfully...

Munin will graph some usefull postgres stats. It's easy enough to graph
another datapoint by creating a new plugin if you need to (for example, in
addition to the global stats we graph the size of some specific tables).

Pgfouine will create an aggregated report of all your queries, provided you've
setup postgre swith sufficient logging.

Explain analyze is you friend for individual queries.

http://munin.projects.linpro.no/
http://pgfouine.projects.postgresql.org/
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/sql-explain.html

--