Re: serial columns with replication/cluster

From: Jorge Godoy <jgodoy(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Sean Hsien <sean(dot)hsien(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: serial columns with replication/cluster
Date: 2010-02-04 10:47:40
Lists: pgsql-general

Sean,

take a look at UUID type. It might suit you better than serial.

Changing the increment also works, but puts a lot of restrictions on you
(such as planning to prevent collision, having to change the increment on
several nodes when adding a new node, etc.).

Regards,
--
Jorge Godoy <jgodoy(at)gmail(dot)com>