postgresql doc search

From: "A(dot)M(dot)" <agentm(at)themactionfaction(dot)com>
To: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: postgresql doc search
Date: 2010-09-09 20:45:31
Lists: pgsql-www

The postgresql documentation search could be improved by returning results for actual SQL commands. For example, searching for the new "DO" command results in no hits in the 9.0 docs- I guess it's too short or a stop word- pretty weak.

Also, after searching the documentation, I may wish to adjust my search, but the search box above the doc search results actually searches the whole postgresql.org website with no option to just search the docs I was just browsing- if I do search, then I often get results for the same doc page from a half-dozen old versions of postgresql. I would prefer to only view results from one version or specific versions which one could hopefully select.

Cheers,