Re: random failing builds on spoonbill - backends not exiting...

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>
Subject: Re: random failing builds on spoonbill - backends not exiting...
Date: 2012-06-22 19:39:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> On Friday, June 22, 2012 08:51:55 PM Robert Haas wrote:
>> I remarked to Stefan that the symptoms seem consistent with the idea
>> that the children have signals blocked. But I don't know how that
>> could happen.

> You cannot block sigkill.

sigterm is at issue, not sigkill. But I don't care for the
signals-blocked theory either, at least not in three different children
at the same time.

(Hey Stefan, is there a way on BSD to check a process's signals-blocked
state from outside? If so, next time this happens you should try to
determine the children's signal state.)