Re: Sequence dependencies

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Sequence dependencies
Date: 2005-10-26 04:31:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au> writes:
> Also, consider people upgrading from 7.2 to 8.1. They should only have
> to run the adddepend script to get ALL the dependencies, right?

This isn't a "dependency" though.

> How about it's in the release notes and in adddepend?

Hmm, it's currently early Wednesday morning my time, and we were
thinking of wrapping RC1 Thursday or Friday. An adddepend extension
is going to get coded and tested when exactly?

Also, I'm dubious about the assumption that adddepend still works at
all, given the author's opinion here:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2005-06/msg00311.php
The original plan was to pull it out of this release altogether,
along with some other contrib modules that really belong on pgfoundry.
It's currently looking like that won't get done :-( but hacking
adddepend more in the core CVS is surely pretty far down our priority
list.