Re: Changing auth type in pg_hba.conf ineffective. Why?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bryce Nesbitt <bryce1(at)obviously(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Changing auth type in pg_hba.conf ineffective. Why?
Date: 2005-11-25 02:41:19
Lists: pgsql-sql

Bryce Nesbitt <bryce1(at)obviously(dot)com> writes:
> I've renamed pg_hba.conf temporarily, just to verify that postmaster
> won't start without it. So I'm editing the right file, and restarting
> postmaster correctly. Any clues why I'm still getting 'auth' method
> authentication?

Well, have you checked that you're connecting to the same postmaster
you're restarting?

After that, I'd ask to see the whole pg_hba.conf and not just the part
you think is relevant ;-)

FWIW, the log message suggests that the connection is coming across
IPv6, so you need to look at the IPv6 entries in pg_hba.conf.