Re: xlog patches reviewed

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Mikheev, Vadim" <vmikheev(at)SECTORBASE(dot)COM>
Cc: "'The Hermit Hacker'" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>, "'pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: xlog patches reviewed
Date: 2001-03-13 02:03:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

>> if this is the case, can we look at applying that patch
>> tonight, give ppl till Friday to test and put out a RC1
>> depending on the results?

Patch committed. There are still some loose ends to clean up:

* I need to finish making an xlog-reset utility for contrib.

* I stubbed out shmctl(IPC_STAT) in the BeOS and QNX4 emulations of
SysV shared memory (src/backend/port/beos/shm.c,
src/backend/port/qnx4/shm.c). This means that the new code to detect
postmaster-dead-but-old-backends-still-running will never detect any
problem on those platforms. Perhaps people who use those platforms
can test and contribute real implementations?

However, these shouldn't affect testing.