Re: Feature suggestion: Postgresql binding to one

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Lincoln Yeoh <lyeoh(at)pop(dot)jaring(dot)my>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Feature suggestion: Postgresql binding to one
Date: 2001-10-04 13:39:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Lincoln Yeoh <lyeoh(at)pop(dot)jaring(dot)my> writes:
> I'm using a redhat style postgresql init and somehow postgresql seems to
> ignore the postgresql.conf file.

That seems unlikely, assuming you are running a PG version recent enough
to have a postgresql.conf file (ie 7.1 or better). What exactly are you
putting into postgresql.conf? Also, take a look at the postmaster log
to see if it's issuing any complaints. I believe a syntax error
anywhere in the conf file will cause the whole file to be ignored ...

> What's the postmaster.opts file for?

It's to log the command-line options you gave to the postmaster.