Re: Duplicate indexes found in the postgres Database

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Chris White" <cjwhite(at)cisco(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Duplicate indexes found in the postgres Database
Date: 2003-02-01 20:42:25
Lists: pgsql-admin

"Chris White" <cjwhite(at)cisco(dot)com> writes:
> How do I look at the catalogs and which ones do I need to look at?

Now that I look at it, pg_tables is not a join in 7.2, but just a
straight select from pg_class. So the problem is definitely in
pg_class. Let's see the results of

select ctid,xmin,xmax,oid,* from pg_class where relname = 'vm_message';

and similarly for the other duplicates.

> No we haven't seen any system crashes, but people have reported that the
> tables that are duplicated are possibly missing some data.

Hm. Trying to avoid theorizing in advance of the data...