Re: idle in transaction query makes server unresponsive

From: Scot Kreienkamp <SKreien(at)la-z-boy(dot)com>
To: Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater(at)gmx(dot)net>, "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: idle in transaction query makes server unresponsive
Date: 2012-09-26 19:02:45
Lists: pgsql-general

[Scot Kreienkamp]
Can I get the same effect by limiting the number of logons for the user that my application is connecting as to 250? Or do I need to lower the number in postgresql.conf? I'd rather go with the first option because I can adjust it live without editing and reloading config files.

This message is intended only for the individual or entity to which it is addressed. It may contain privileged, confidential information which is exempt from disclosure under applicable laws. If you are not the intended recipient, please note that you are strictly prohibited from disseminating or distributing this information (other than to the intended recipient) or copying this information. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail or by telephone at the above number. Thank you.