Re: Table Spaces

From: pgsql(at)mohawksoft(dot)com
To: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
Cc: "Bruce Momjian" <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Andrew Dunstan" <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Table Spaces
Date: 2004-05-18 16:44:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

>> it... We can
>> >
>> > I assume we can just look at the source and write our own version
>> > bypassing any license.
>>
>> I wouldn't be so sure about that. If this insane SCO crap has
>> taught me anything, the PostgreSQL should have a defined and
>> legally vetted process for duplicating functionality. ala'
>> phoenix BIOS.
>
> There is more than enough information om MSDN and other sites to make
> this kind of tool without looking at the source. It's generic enough.

Let's just make sure we keep records of the generic sources of where we
find things. I get *really* scared when I see sentences like "I assume we
can just look at the source and write our own version bypassing any
license." That is categorically a false asumption and will create an
arguably derived product. The last thing we want is Oracle or Microsoft
trying to pull an SCO on Postgresql.