Re: Some other odd buildfarm failures

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Some other odd buildfarm failures
Date: 2014-12-26 03:18:54
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> My guess is that it's related to d7ee82e50f. It seems realistic that the
> event trigger added by it to the object_address test can cause errors at
> varying times.

[ squint... ] Event triggers are global across the whole database, aren't
they? Isn't it frickin insane to run a test like this in parallel with
others?

Not but what it seems to be exposing some bugs. Still, I don't think this
is a reasonable test design. We have absolutely no idea what behaviors
are being triggered in the other tests, except that they are unrelated to
what those tests think they are testing.