Re: Windows buildfarm failures

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>, Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Windows buildfarm failures
Date: 2007-01-19 17:06:29
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

> Tom Lane wrote:
>> I noticed today on my own machine several strange pauses while running
>> the serial regression tests ---

> Do those explain what you are seeing?

No, those are expected. I'm having a hard time reproducing the behavior
right now, but IIRC the delays were in the vacuum and/or sanity_check
tests. It's not unlikely that the foreground VACUUM was blocking on a
lock while autovac did the same work, except that that doesn't explain
the length of the pause, nor the lack of disk activity.

But I can't make it happen right now, so nevermind until I figure out
how to reproduce it ...