Re: beta2, I can't set UTF-8 for czech locales on win

From: "Pavel Stehule" <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Dave Page" <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: beta2, I can't set UTF-8 for czech locales on win
Date: 2007-11-01 20:57:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 01/11/2007, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
> "Pavel Stehule" <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> > When I try manually rebuild cluster I had second problem:
>
> > C:\PostgreSQL\bin>initdb -D ../data
> > The program "postgres" is needed by initdb but was not found in the
> > same directory as "C:\PostgreSQL\bin/initdb".
> > Check your installation.
>
> Do you have the same problem previously reported that "postgres -V"
> doesn't work? If so, maybe taking out libxml2 will help?
>
> regards, tom lane

No, it is different problem. It was my beginner mistake :(. I run
initdb as Administrator. It needs maybe some hint message. With runas
initdb works.

It was false alarm. I am sorry. All is correct. Misunderstanding is
from name of czech locales, that is same for utf8 and 1250 encoding.
So I tested it, and it looks well.

Regards
Pavel Stehule