Re: Thread-safe configuration option appears to

From: Lee Kindness <lkindness(at)csl(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: Larry Rosenman <ler(at)lerctr(dot)org>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, PostgreSQL Development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Thread-safe configuration option appears to
Date: 2003-08-05 08:27:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Larry Rosenman writes:
> What the fr*** harm is it in passing -D_REENTRANT into the libpq build on
> UnixWare
> irregardless of the --with-threads* flag?

Indeed for every other sane system out there. Folk are messing around
with the thread stuff using here-say as knowledge. We want to compile
with _REENTRANT, always! Anything needed in ADDITON to _REENTRANT (i.e
thread link flags for libecpg) can be discovered by configure and
applied to the build. Even for the rest of PostgreSQL, it will work
A-OK if we are already sticking to the rules (i.e. including <errno.h>
when using errno).

L.