BUG #16002: Index size larger than the base table size and growing abnormally.

From: PG Bug reporting form <noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: ram(dot)maurya(at)lavainternational(dot)in
Subject: BUG #16002: Index size larger than the base table size and growing abnormally.
Date: 2019-09-12 05:38:17
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 16002
Logged by: ram pratap maurya
Email address: ram(dot)maurya(at)lavainternational(dot)in
PostgreSQL version: 11.0
Operating system: RHEL 7

Hi Team,

We are facing problem with our database growth though growth of the tables
is not at all concenred but index sizes are getting increased abnormally and
couple of tables are having 3 times larger indexes.

Could you please let us know what can be the root cause of this problem.
Platform details are as follows.

OS - RHEL 7
Postgres Database - 11.0
Index Type Used - B-Tree

Please le us know if further information is required from our end to resolve
this problem.

Regards,
Ram Pratap