Re: ON COMMIT temp table handling

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Mike Mascari <mascarm(at)mascari(dot)com>, swm(at)linuxworld(dot)com(dot)au
Subject: Re: ON COMMIT temp table handling
Date: 2002-11-11 14:15:45
Lists: pgsql-patches

> + if ((iscommit && bstate != TBLOCK_END) ||
> + (!iscommit && bstate != TBLOCK_ABORT))
> + return;

Why is temp table handling in need of looking into xact.c's private
state? There is no other AtEOXact routine anywhere that does this.
ISTM either the above code is wrong, or every other AtEOXact routine
is wrong.

There are some other things I don't like about the patch, but I can
fix them myself. This one I thought I'd better ask about.