BUG #15626: Incorrect version number shown in BigSQL installation

From: PG Bug reporting form <noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: guy(dot)rouillier(at)gmail(dot)com
Subject: BUG #15626: Incorrect version number shown in BigSQL installation
Date: 2019-02-10 07:10:23
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 15626
Logged by: Guy Rouillier
Email address: guy(dot)rouillier(at)gmail(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 10.6
Operating system: Windows 7 64-bit

I just did a fresh download and install using the BigSQL installer for 10.6.
I had previously been running version 10.3, also the BigSQL version. The
new version would not install over the existing installation, so I
uninstalled 10.3 first.

During installation, the Setup dialog showed the following:

You are about to install PostreSQL (10.6-1). Please review the following:

Installation Directory: D:\PostgreSQL

PostgreSQL 10.5-1 will be configured on port: 5432

.... (some additional messages.

After the installation completed, I see the following in the Start menu
under PostgreSQL:

Start PostgreSQL 10.5-1
Stop PostgreSQL 10.5-1
Docs
PostgreSQL docs (10.5-1)
PostgreSQL release notes (10.5-1)

Finally, in the Control Panel, under Programs and Features, PostPostgreSQL
is listed with version 10.5-1

Withing pgAdmin 4, "select version()" produces "PostgreSQL 10.6 on
x86_64-pc-mingw64, compiled by gcc.exe (Rev5, Built by MSYS2 project) 4.9.2,
64-bit"