Re: Backend message type 0x44 arrived while idle

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Tsukaeru(dot)net Webmaster" <webmaster(at)tsukaeru(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Backend message type 0x44 arrived while idle
Date: 2001-08-24 04:30:11
Lists: pgsql-general

"Tsukaeru.net Webmaster" <webmaster(at)tsukaeru(dot)net> writes:
> I can actually select just one row as
> select * from table limit 1 offset 270
> (anything below 270 is fine)
> and the same error pops up. It have heaps of memory available..

Hmm. Okay, my frontend-out-of-memory theory goes down the drain.

It would seem that the 271'st row in your table is corrupt somehow,
but I'm curious to learn just how. I do not recall any previous
reports of data corruption with exactly this symptom. Would you be
interested in tracing through the backend with a debugger to figure
out what's going wrong? Or giving me or another developer access to
your system to do that?