Re: Mysterious locking problem

From: "Miguel Carvalho" <miguel(at)ipatimup(dot)pt>
To: <sszabo(at)megazone23(dot)bigpanda(dot)com>
Cc: <miguel(at)ipatimup(dot)pt>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Mysterious locking problem
Date: 2002-05-21 18:38:51
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

thank's for reppling.

> Given your query things above I'm guessing you've turned on query
> printing?

Query print is off, because that will startve may hardisk verry quickly.

> Are the selects perhaps SELECT ... FOR UPDATE queries going

I forgot to mention that the selects are plain selects( not select for
update ).
> for the same rows in which case I think the second would wait on the
> first?

Can this be a PHP issue?
I have noticed the "locking", because the script line that executes the
query, doesnt ever return( until i stock the first query ).
Regards,
Miguel Carvalho