Re: BUG #15572: Misleading message reported by "Drop function operation" on DB with functions having same name

From: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: David Rowley <dgrowley(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: BUG #15572: Misleading message reported by "Drop function operation" on DB with functions having same name
Date: 2019-03-19 15:30:17
Lists: pgsql-bugs pgsql-hackers

make installcheck-world: tested, passed
Implements feature: tested, passed
Spec compliant: not tested
Documentation: not tested

I read a discussion and I think so currently implemented behave (by last patch) is correct in all details.

I propose maybe more strongly comment fact so noError is applied only on "not found" event. In other cases, this flag is ignored and error is raised immediately there. I think so it is not good enough commented why.
This is significant change - in previous releases, noError was used like really noError, so should be commented more.

Regress tests are enough.
The patch is possible to apply without problems and compile without warnings

The new status of this patch is: Ready for Committer