Re: Buildfarm feature request: some way to track/classify failures

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>
Cc: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Buildfarm feature request: some way to track/classify failures
Date: 2007-03-20 17:37:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> But I'm just sprouting ideas here, the proof is in the pudding. If the
> logs are easily available (or a subset of, say the last month) then
> people could play with that and see what happens...

Anyone who wants to play around can replicate what I did, which was to
download the table that Andrew made available upthread, and then pull
the log files matching interesting rows. I used the attached functions
to generate URLs for the failing stage logs, and then a shell script
looping over lwp-download ...

CREATE FUNCTION lastfile(mfailures) RETURNS text
AS $$
select replace(
'show_stage_log.pl?nm=' || $1.sysname || '&dt=' || $1.snapshot ||
'&stg=' ||
replace($1.log_archive_filenames[array_upper($1.log_archive_filenames, 1)],
$$
LANGUAGE sql;

CREATE FUNCTION lastlog(mfailures) RETURNS text
AS $$
select 'http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/' || lastfile($1)
$$
LANGUAGE sql;