Re: PostgreSQL 7.2 on SlashDot

From: Lee Kindness <lkindness(at)csl(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>
Cc: Lee Kindness <lkindness(at)csl(dot)co(dot)uk>, Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL 7.2 on SlashDot
Date: 2002-02-08 11:31:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Vince,

Vince Vielhaber writes:
> On Fri, 8 Feb 2002, Lee Kindness wrote:
> > It's a shame the website doesn't have the full info on it - i.e. the
> > 7.2 documentation.
> Considering I just got the go-ahead on the docs last nite, they'll be
> there today. I'd rather the docs were delayed a few days than to put
> something up that wasn't complete.
> What's really a shame is that you didn't ASK why it wasn't there!

Sorry, I wasn't meaning anything personal! However I'm sure you agree
that with a project like PostgreSQL the website is a core aspect.

Undoubtedly the postgresql.org mirrors got their highest traffic
levels for ages - people looking for 7.2 information and not finding
it (well it's there, but in the tarballs). us.postgresql.org certainly
had a heavy load - the interactive docs couldn't connect to the
database.

Perhaps the 7.2 announcement should have been held back until the
website was up-to-date?

Thanks, Lee.