BUG #15451: Error adding foriegn key constraint

From: PG Bug reporting form <noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: harry(at)harryclarke(dot)me(dot)uk
Subject: BUG #15451: Error adding foriegn key constraint
Date: 2018-10-22 19:05:51
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 15451
Logged by: Harry Clarke
Email address: harry(at)harryclarke(dot)me(dot)uk
PostgreSQL version: 10.5
Operating system: Windows Server 2008 R2 standard

When trying to create a table, or to add a foreign key constraint to a
table, an error (see below) is produced. However, both tables are permanent
tables, and there are no temporary tables that I am aware of.

ERROR: constraints on permanent tables may reference only permanent tables

ALTER TABLE bnm.table1
ADD CONSTRAINT id_fk FOREIGN KEY (bnm_id)
REFERENCES bnm.table2 (id) MATCH SIMPLE
ON UPDATE NO ACTION
ON DELETE NO ACTION;