Re: PITR on Win32 - Archive and Restore

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PITR on Win32 - Archive and Restore
Date: 2004-08-09 15:49:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32 pgsql-patches

> Tom Lane wrote:
>> As I said before, I'm willing to #ifdef the code so that the string
>> substituted for %p converts all / to \ on Windows. What I'd like to
>> know is whether that's enough to solve the problems, particularly in
>> face of spaces in the path, or whether we'll still be in quoting hell.

> Names with spaces will need to be quoted :-(

But does that have to be done in the code, or will
archive_command = 'copy "%p" ...'
work?

Strictly speaking, people probably ought to use something like
archive_command = 'cp "%p" ...'
on Unix too, so if this is what it takes on Windows I'm satisfied.
Just wondering about what other gotchas Redmond has prepared for us...