Re: psql missing feature

From: "Michal Maruka" <mmc(at)maruska(dot)dyndns(dot)org>
To: PostgreSQL Development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: psql missing feature
Date: 2001-03-07 16:00:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Peter Eisentraut writes:
> Michal Maru¹ka writes:
>
> > What about (optionally) printing the type of the column data?
>
> > io | tu | tipo | data
> > int | int | int2 | date
> > --------+-------+------+------------
> > 102242 | 26404 | 1203 | 2000-11-22
> > (1 row)
>
> I've been meaning to implement this for a while. Now that someone is
> seemingly interested I might prioritize it.
>
> --
> Peter Eisentraut peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net http://yi.org/peter-e/

> TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Wait. As stated in my last message, I need _much_ more information. The "table of
origin" just to start.

IIRC the PGresult doesn't provide more info than the types, so the feature is
sensible at this level, but for my work it is too little. I want to know the tree/path made by
the data.

Maybe i am not clear enough, I must think about it, just wanted to note the
types will not help me that much.