Re: Moving/Using Postgres Binaries on multiple machines

From: Francis Reed <freed(at)iel(dot)ie>
To: 'Martijn van Oosterhout' <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>
Cc: "'pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Moving/Using Postgres Binaries on multiple machines
Date: 2004-11-24 13:37:11
Lists: pgsql-general

That's what we had hoped.

We tested the principle with postgres 7.4.6 but found a what we believe is a
compile time dependancy in create_conversion.sql where $libdir is not being
resolved properly during the initdb process on the second machine. The usual
environment variables don't seem to help (LD_LIBRARY_PATH; PATH; PGLIB etc).
Anyone come across that?

Thx