Re: pltcl_*mod commands are broken on Solaris 10

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Zdenek Kotala <Zdenek(dot)Kotala(at)sun(dot)com>
Subject: Re: pltcl_*mod commands are broken on Solaris 10
Date: 2008-07-23 14:36:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> By the way, these programs start with
> package require Pgtcl
> but we don't provide that library. Should that bother us?

Hmm. The scripts actually depend on both pltcl and Pgtcl, so just
pushing them out to the Pgtcl package wouldn't really improve matters.
I think it's fine to leave them where they are ... though we should
document the dependency.

Actually it looks like it's been a very long time since these scripts
got any love anyway. There's no reason anymore to split modules into
multiple rows (not since TOAST...) and they're not schema-safe either.
Anybody feel like cleaning them up? Or should we leave 'em as-is
for compatibility reasons?