Re: AW: v7.0.3 *pre-release* ...

From: Pete Forman <gsez020(at)kryten(dot)bedford(dot)waii(dot)com>
To: "'pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: AW: v7.0.3 *pre-release* ...
Date: 2000-11-07 14:21:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Pete Forman writes:
> The only remaining failure is geometry. The results I got were
> nearly identical to geometry-powerpc-aix4.out. The only
> differences were the order of rows returned by three of the tables.
> I'll submit the results file to pgsql-patches.

I've submitted a one line patch on resultmap.

There was an oddity, on that one runtest on 7.0.3 the geometry.out had
the rows in a different order from three of the select statements.
Repeating the runtest five times passed consistently (with the new
resultmap). Now I realise that in an RDB the set of results have no
intrinsic order but find it a bit surprising that the regression tests
are not consistent.
--
Pete Forman -./\.- Disclaimer: This post is originated
Western Geophysical -./\.- by myself and does not represent